You can call 601-442-9999 or email us .
The 160+ acres include the main residence, 3 ponds, gazebo, carriage barn, guest cottage, cabana house and swimming pool. This landscape and building project is probably the most sophisticated and significant project undertaken in the Natchez area since the Civil War.
The lighting system, poolhouse/cabana, pool, and irrigation were all added in 2003. A security system was also added, as well as further renovation to the main residence to modernize the home with remote control lighting, music, security, and a/c.
Formerly known as Cedar Grove Place, the home was built around 1830 for Col. James G. Wood's daughter and her husband. Later, it was owned by famous children's author Josephine Payne, then by the 1970's purchased by actor George Hamilton. CLICK HERE for the full property history document.
Subsequent owners have been careful to preserve the architectural integrity of the house. It has been beautifully appointed and decorated, making this a most elaborate property. The Cedars is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
The Cedars, formerly known as Cedar Grove Place, reflects a transition from a small-scale vernacular farmhouse to a classically inspired Greek Revival form and provides an explicit representation of the stylistic evolution that occurred in Mississippi between 1820 and 1860. The Cedars is less than 30 minutes to Natchez and is accessed fron the scenic Natchez Trace Parkway, a 444-mile federal parkway linking Natchez and Nashville. Click here to view the history of this property.
A true jewel of the south
the cedars plantation
13688 River Rd. Hwy 553